- December 05, 2012 | USW NEW VIDEO: USW Election 2012 Recap, Thank You Click here to watch a recap of USW's role in the historic election of 2012.
- August 27, 2012 | USW A question: What do YOU think Mitt's hiding in his tax returns? Click here for more info on our new whatsmittssecret.org website and help us keep the pressure on the GOP candidate.
- August 21, 2012 Join Us for National Voter Registration Day On September 25, 2012, volunteers, civic groups, and organizations from all over the country will "hit the streets" for National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated field, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities--allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters or more who we could not reach otherwise.
Releases / Advisories
- August 11, 2012 | USW USW Statement on Romney’s Adding Ryan to Anti-Worker Ticket Leo W. Gerard, iinternational president of the United Steelworkers (USW) issued the following statement today on Mitt Romney adding Paul Ryan to his presumed Republican national campaign ticket.
- April 25, 2012 | USW ‘Boots-on-the-Ground' Campaign Credited for Critz Win in Pa. Leo W. Gerard, president of the United Steelworkers (USW), issued a statement that cited a big "unified labor movement, boots-on-the-ground' push by union members as behind Pennsylvania's CD-12 Democratic primary win by Congressman Mark Critz following the 10:15 pm concession by U.S. Rep. Jason Altmire. Click here for more.
- September 28, 2010 | USW U.S. House Letter to Obama Supports USW 301 Petition on China Leo W. Gerard, International President of the United Steelworkers (USW), commended today’s release by U.S. Rep. Sandy Levin (D-MI) as chair of the Ways and Means Committee, a letter to President Obama signed by 181 members of Congress urging swift mobilization of resources in support of the union’s Section 301 trade petition against China’s use of unfair trade practices to dominate the green technology sector.