Phone Bank Check List
Phone Lists and Volunteers
- You have a phone list that is properly sorted (by phone number and then by last name)
- You have written an appropriate script for the volunteers that has a clear and concise message.
- You have enough volunteers to make the calls.
- There is a time-line for when the calls will be completed.
- You know how many calls need to be made.
- You know how many hours you have to make calls.
- One volunteer can make 25 persuasion calls or 40 GOTV/Sandwich calls per hour.
- You have a system for tracking and recording the outcome of the calls (how many contacts, left messages, supporters, etc. were reached).
- The building is in a safe location.
- The "host" is receptive and helpful. You can access the building (keys?)
- The building has heating/air conditioning.
- The are adequate phone lines and cable pairs.
- You will be making only local calls (if possible).
- The building has necessary facilities and access.
- The acoustics accommodate large, loud groups.
- Restrooms are available.
- Free parking and public transportation are in close proximity.
- The building is accessible to elderly and disabled individuals.