Leo W. Gerard, President of the United Steelworkers (USW), today issued a statement and release of a letter calling on the Bush administration’s top negotiators in the Doha Round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) to again reject the latest draft rules that would weaken workers’ defense against predatory trade practices by undermining U.S. trade laws on illegal dumping and subsidies. Read the entire press release and letter here.
- Duquesne Adjuncts Participate in National Day of Action
- Walmart’s Business Model Pushes Wages Down; Increases Reliance on Public Assistance
- Court: USW Carey Salt Strikers Must be Re-hired with Back Pay
- National Labor College Closing
- President Obama Speaks to USW LU 979 Steelworkers at ArcelorMittal Cleveland
- Steelworkers to Welcome President Obama in Cleveland
- Gov. Kasich costs Ohio thousands of jobs
Sign up for the latest USW news and information!