Leslie Marshall discusses with United Steelworkers (USW) President Leo W. Gerard the startling changes that has swept over the political landscape since the 2010 election that should be a concern to all Americans.
The tsunami of extreme measures by Republican legislators is not only attacking basic rights of working men and women but the rights of young people, the elderly and minorities.
The motive to introduce Right to Work legislation is to try and destroy unions. The only problem with this legislation is it is a guise to lower our standard of living.
Figures show, that in states that had right to work prior to 2010:
• On average workers made about $5,300 less than those with no legislation,
• The average pension of workers were lower,
• The average person had less health care coverage,
• The average high school and college graduate rates were lower, and
• The average life expectancy was shorter.