Facebook is a free social networking site that allows everyone -from high school classmates to businesscolleagues- to connect online. Through facebook, you can communicate with old friends or find new ones that share your interests. Search for friends by browsing name, location, company, workplace, or network. You can also join groups that reflect your beliefs or hobbies. Once you are connected to others, you can share videos, pictures, quizzes, comments, advertisements, events, and ideas. Express yourself with a detailed profile, a blog, or a survey. Facebook is a photo album, an address book, a classified paper, a mailbox, a memo board, and an overall companion to your social and professional needs.
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Enter your name, email, birthday, and an original password in the light blue box towards the center of the screen.
- Click “Sign Up”
- In the bottom, blank box, type the text that it is printed in the box above.
- You will now receive a confirmation email. Read this email, and click the attached link.
- Your facebook account is now activated!
- You will be walked through a variety of ways to find friends. You can type in your email password to find friends already in your email’s address book, or you can click “skip” to find friends in the United Steelworkers’ network. Simply type “United Steelworkers” in the blank box beside “Company:” Check all friends that you wish to add, and then click on the box that says “Add Friends”. Continue navigation through the friend finder instructions, pressing skip when you do not wish to search for friends.
- To join the official USW Fan Page on facebook, click here. Please pass this on to your facebook friends!
- Now you are ready to add photos, videos, a profile, and friends, by clicking on the labeled icons on the left and top portions of the screen.